Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Ball Z or its characters.  They respectfully belong to Mr. Akira Toriyama.  I also don't own ABBA's music, it belongs to the songwriters: Benny Andersson, Björn Ulvaeus, and Stig Anderson; and its singers: Anni-Frid Lyngstad and Agnetha Fältskog.

Author's Notes:

Evercool:  We've waited long enough.  Burn the heretic!

*shouts of agreement are heard*

Star Otaku:  *still tied to the stake* Wait!  I finished it!  This takes place after "Knowing Me, Knowing You" and "One of Us".  This takes place a few months later.  This is for all you Goku + Chi-Chi (relation)shippers!

*shippers wave their torches and cheer*

Star Otaku:  I swear, in this fic, I bring them back together!  And it's also a songfic!

*more cheering*

Star Otaku:  Are you gonna untie me now?!

Shippers:  Not yet!

Star Otaku:  *mumbles* Dammit.

Waterloo

Goku walked into his room (for the time being) and was surprised to see Goten sitting on his bed.

"Goten!  What are you doing here?  Won't your mother be worried that you're here?"

Goten just smiled and held up a bag.  "Actually, she sent me here.  She wanted me to deliver you some good old home cooking."

"That's really nice of her."

"Yeah, I know."  Goten faced his father, his expression uncertain.  "Look.  It's been months,  and you two seem to have totally made up, but when are you two going to get back together for good?"

Goku looked down.  "I don't know.  I mean, I'm really happy about this and all, but I don't know if I want to do it yet.  I'm not even sure if *she* wants to."

"Don't worry, dad.  I'm sure that things will work out soon," Goten reassured his father.


"Gohan, it's so nice that you could come and visit me," Chi-Chi greeted her eldest son.  "And it seems especially convenient that you should come around lunchtime."

Gohan smirked.  "I thought that you might use some company."

Both made their way to the kitchen, and Chi-Chi set down the heaping servings in front of Gohan.

After a few helpings, Chi-Chi finally spoke.  "I'm sure that you came here to talk about something."

"Oh, yeah.  I'm just wondering... well... How are things going with you and dad?"

"Things are just fine.  We're still working on it, but we have gotten closer."

"Close enough to make it for good?"

Chi-Chi sighed.  "Well, I don't know.  It depends on how we both feel.  Right now, I'm not sure if we want to.  I like this new closeness that your father and I have, and I *think* I want to move on.  I just don't know if he wants to, too.  I just don't know."

"I'm sorry mom," apologized Gohan.  "I guess we'll have to let things take their course."


"Hello Chi-Chi!" cried Goku as he entered his old home.

"Goku?  What are you doing here?" Chi-Chi asked, surprised.

"Can't I pay a visit to a friend?" Goku replied and he added a little chuckle.  He looked over her shoulder.  He saw the dragon balls arranged in a neat little circle on the coffee table.  "I see you haven't used the dragon balls yet."

"I know.  I don't have anything to wish for, yet.  But they do make a great centre piece, don't you think?"

"Nope.  I think they look horrible."  A look of mock surprise crossed Chi-Chi's face.  "Cut that out.  I was just on my way to the DMV.  Bulma told me that I should get my license renewed."

"But you can fly.  You don't need to drive."

"It's just the practical thing to do.  You know that I can't teleport the whole gang to the beach."

"Let me come with you then.  I'll make sure you don't crash into anything."

"Hey.  You should take a few driving lessons yourself.  I've seen how you drive."

Chi-Chi playfully slapped Goku on the back as they walked out the door together.


Chi-Chi sat back in the driver's seat, the DMV's car parked outside the building.  She had just had finished her test when she saw Goku pulling up beside her.

Goku waved at Chi-Chi.  "I think I passed."

"What?  No car crashes?"

"Ha-ha.  How about you?"

"I think I did pretty well."

"Probably scared your instructor into giving you a good mark."

"Touché."  Chi-Chi looked around.  "The coast is clear.  Ready for a race?  It's the only way to celebrate passing a driving test."

Goku grinned mischievously.  "Okay.  But on one condition: if I win, we get back to your place, and we make a wish together."

Chi-Chi reached her arm across to Goku.  "What's one little wish?  Okay, deal."

Both shook hands and revved up the engines.

"Go!"

Both took off, leaving a billowing dust cloud in their wake.


"Where to?" cried Goku as he tried to keep up alongside with Chi-Chi's bullet of a car.

"To the outskirts of the city!" Chi-Chi yelled back.  "Try to keep up!"  With that, she slammed on the gas and passed him by.

"Hey!  You caught me off guard."  Goku veered off to the side.

This is so much fun!  I feel young again!  I hope that there's some exciting race music on the radio.  Chi-Chi turned the knob and pumped up the volume all the way.


Goku heard rock and roll intro burst out.  It seemed to be coming from Chi-Chi's radio.  Then he heard two women sang together.

"My, my, at Waterloo, Napoleon did surrender.
 Oh yeah, and I have met my destiny in quite a similar way.
 The history book on the shelf,
 Is always repeating itself...

"Waterloo - I was defeated, you won the war.
 Waterloo - Promise to love you forever more.
 Waterloo - Couldn't escape if I wanted to.
 Waterloo - Knowing my fate is to be with you.
 Waterloo - Finally facing my Waterloo."

I'll make sure she doesn't get away, Goku thought to himself as he stepped on the gas and turned the steering wheel.


Chi-Chi could see that Goku was passing her.  She wanted to pass him, but thought that she should let him win.

"My, my, I tried to hold you back but you were stronger.
 Oh yeah, and now it seems my only hope is giving up the fight.
 And how could I ever refuse,
 I feel like I win when I lose!

If Goku wins, we just get to make a wish.  Chi-Chi smiled inwardly.  I think I know what to ask for.

"Waterloo - I was defeated, you won the war.
 Waterloo - Promise to love you forever more.
 Waterloo - Couldn't escape if I wanted to.
 Waterloo - Knowing my fate is to be with you.
 Waterloo - Finally facing my Waterloo."

Chi-Chi saw the edge of a forest up ahead.  She was almost near the end, she would win!  But instead, she released her foot from the accelerator.

"So how could I ever refuse,
 I feel like I win when I lose -"


Goku turned his head as he saw Chi-Chi's car drop behind him.  He turned his attention back to the road and saw the end of the line.  He skidded to a halt as his car stopped in front of the trees.

"Waterloo - Couldn't escape if I wanted to.
 Waterloo - Knowing my fate is to be with you.
 Waterloo - Finally facing my Waterloo..."

The song faded away as Chi-Chi came up beside him.

"That was a classic, 'Waterloo'.  Thanks for enjoying another classic on StarO2Q AM radio," said the DJ before the radio was turned off.


Goku sat in the passenger seat, he was trying to suppress a fit of giggles.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh, just the fact that we raced cars owned by the DMV and that they nearly bit both our heads off for taking off with them when we came back."

"At least we didn't get points deducted.  Now, one more remark and you'll be walking."

Both sat silent.

"Chi-Chi?"

"Yes Goku?"

"Why did you let me win?"

"I didn't *let* you win.  My foot slid off the clutch.  You just had too much momentum to stop."

"Okay.  So now we go make that wish."


The dragon loomed over them as a maelstrom gathered in the sky.

"What is your wish?" boomed the dragon.

Goku nudged Chi-Chi forward.  She glanced back at him and then took a deep breath.

"I wish that..."  She took another look back at Goku.  He smiled.  "I wish that Goku and I were still married and that we'd love each other again."

"You're wish can partly be granted."

Goku stepped forward.  "What does that mean?"

"You two are now still married, but you can't love each other again."

"Why not?" both asked.

"Because you are still in love.  Now, is that all you wish for?"

"Yes!"

With that, the dragon disappeared in a flash of lightning and the dragon balls scattered off again.


Goku and Chi-Chi were back at their home, just enjoying each other's company.

"So, when do we tell everyone?" asked Goku.

"Soon.  Right now, let's just enjoy this," Chi-Chi said.

"I'm all for it," replied Goku, and he kissed her.

THE END

Additional Author's Notes:

*shippers untie Star Otaku*

Evercool:  Sorry about that whole trying to kill you thing.

Star Otaku:  No problem.  Why don't I take you all out for cheeseburgers?

Shippers:  Yeah!

Star Otaku:  And over a few cups of cola, why don't you tell me what you thought of my fanfic, okay?