Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon or Digimon or their characters, they respectfully belong to the money-grubbing corporations that created them.  I also don't own Survivor or its concept, it belongs to CBS.

Author's Notes: Episode 7, the great merge!  How will our two teams get along?  Will they be squabbling and fighting, or begrudgingly get along, or become fast friends?  Just read on to find out!  Globie, you've given me more than enough suggestions, but please keep them coming.  Same for the readers!

Anime Survivor!   Episode 7

Day 19

Star Otaku:  It's day nineteen on the island, and our two tribes will now be forced to merge.  Before, they were competing against each other as two separate teams, but now as one, they will individually compete against each other.  Today, two ambassadors from each of the two tribes will go to the others' camp to evaluate its livability.  When they're done, they'll paddle out to the ambassador's beach and begin the negotiations.


Ash is being lead to the Digimon tribe's camp by Sora and Izzy.

{Matt:  I hear that our camp is better than theirs.  We have a decent home, while they're stuck in a rickety old shack.}

Sora:  So I hear that you guys always get a bite when you go out fishing.

Ash:  That's right!  Back at our camp, we always have fish!  Misty's really good with that Golduck.

{Joe:  We're having company over today.  I can't wait to clean this place up for our guests.  I think we have one more Cockatrimon to go.  That'll really impress them!}

While Ash is being shown around, he's making some chit-chat with the other tribe members.  They take a tour around the snack bar/shelter, cooking area, and the rest of the camp.  Soon, they lead him around Agumon and the fire, and then have lunch (which was the last Cockatrimon).  They all laugh and share stories.

Izzy:  So Ash, what can you say about this alliance I heard about?

Ash:  Alliance?  Ha!  We can't wait to have you guys aboard!  Why would we want to vote you off that quickly?


Tai is being shown around the Pokemon tribe's camp by Misty and Brock.

Tai:  Well, back at the Digi-tribe, we have Izzy, the smart one.  Then Joe, who's really useful, he cooks, cleans, and keeps the place organized...

{Jesse:  This place is getting too boring.  I'm partly dreading and partly anticipating the merge, we can get some new personalities around the camp.}

Tai is shown around the little shack.  Then he and the Pokemon tribe are seated around the parachute tent while they have a lunch of freshly cooked Magikarp and have a pleasant conversation about the goings on and politics of the camp.

Tai:  I've heard about an alliance that you guys have.  That you're all planning to pick us off, one by one.

James:  That's ridiculous!

{Brock:  As for this whole voting alliance on this team, James is still deciding, but Jesse is bringing him around.  As for the other team, they're going to stick together and not vote against each other.  It's all a matter of loyalties.  This is going to get really interesting.}


The members of the Digi-tribe escort Ash to his canoe.

{Izzy:  Ash is a really nice guy.  I have no doubt about that.  Although, I'm still wary of this whole voting alliance.  For all we know, he could be in on it, and he's just putting up this facade.}

Then they bring the canoe into the water and watch him paddle away.


The Poke-tribe is also escorting Tai to his canoe.

{Misty:  They're really fun to talk to.  But Tai is reminding more of Ash, a real big mouth.  With those two around, I don't know if they'll ever shut up!}

They all wave good-bye as Tai paddles off into the distant island.


The two ambassadors, Tai and Ash soon reach the tiny beach and see a raft on the other side.  They also see some authors setting up.

DiGi MaDDmOn is trying to wheel in a cart with dessert and some covered dishes from a raft at the other side of the beach.  But he's having much difficulty with the heat and sand.

Aquarius is setting up a tent to the side of the table.  Molokidan is seen working inside as a slight breeze flaps open the entrance.

Star Otaku is standing at the side of a formal dinner table, next to an ice bucket.  She pulls out some dishes and silverware and places them neatly on the table, then a bottle is pulled out of lunch bag and she lets it chill in the bucket.

Star Otaku:  Aquarius!  How's the tent being set up?

Aquarius:  It'll hold up through any weather. *yanks on tent side* We're expecting rain tonight.

Molokidan:  *steps out of tent* The inside is all set up, and the beds are made and ready!

DiGi MaDDmOn:  This waiter suit is killing me in this heat!  It's really hard wheeling in a dessert cart through the sand.

Star Otaku:  Don't worry, this is almost over.  You can stay in the tent to get out of the heat, and change out of those ridiculous clothes.

Tai and Ash:  Whoa.

Star Otaku:  *turns to Ash and Tai* As the ambassadors of each tribe, you shall be treated as such. *lifts lid off dish* For the main course, some hamburgers, hot dogs, and French fries.  Fast food, just like home!  And this is the kicker, for desert: *lifts lid* some nice cold chocolate ice cream.  And this drink that's being chilled, it's a bottle of cola.

Tai and Ash's mouths are watering.  Star Otaku motions for them to sit down, and they do so at each eat at the side.

Star Otaku:  I'll leave you to your negotiations about which new camp you'll move to, which luxury items you will take with you, and what the new name of the tribe will be.  If you get cold, here's a pokeball with Charmander inside. *tosses pokeball* I now bid you two adieu.  Eat, drink, and be merry. *yelling* Hey guys!  We're leaving!

Aquarius, Molokidan, and Star Otaku get on the raft.  DiGi MaDDmOn runs out of the tent in her fresh change of comfortable clothes.  All the authors pick up their paddles and start to row away from the beach.

Tai:  You heard the girl.  Let's dig in!

Through the evening and into the night, Tai and Ash are eating and drinking themselves to hyperactivity.  When a sudden rain storm is about to start, Ash and Tai retreat into the tent.

Inside, they're bouncing around, since they found four more bottles of soda.  Outside, they get Charmander to spit out some bursts of flame to alert their two tribes of where they are.


The Pokemon tribe looks at the bursts of fire on the distant island.

James:  That must be some party.

Jesse:  I'm having the twerp's helping if he's not coming back. *takes the meal*

The others nod their heads in agreement and then go back to eating their small rations.


The Digimon tribe also sees the bonfire.

Matt:  They sure must be having fun.

Izzy:  Yup.  Pass me Tai's bowl, I'm still hungry. *takes the bowl of food*

The rest of the tribe goes back to picking at their meager dinner.

 

*    *    *

 

Day 20

{Matt:  It's been almost a day since Tai left.  In that time, we could have done all the necessary preparations for this whole merge.  I don't see what the need for negotiation is about.}

{Joe:  Almost twenty-four hours since Tai left.  I wonder how he's doing.  I hope he's okay.}

{Sora:  Tai can take care of himself.  It's a wonderful day, and I'm sure he'll be back real soon.  Right now, let's eat some breakfast.}


{James:  We shouldn't have let the twerp do the negotiation.  He'd probably drag them over to our camp, which doesn't need any more people.  I just hope we can go over to that cushy little shelter of theirs.  There's more than enough room.}

{Misty:  I wonder what those boys are doing now.  I hope they get back real soon, we can't wait to hear what the final decision is!}


Tai and Ash are rowing their way to the Poke-tribe's beach.  They are soon greeted by Brock, Misty, James, and Jesse.

Ash:  You wouldn't believe what I have to tell you about last night!

{Ash:  We couldn't sleep until like, early morning.  And then, we just slept in.  Note to self: no more sugar.}

Tai:  We have deiced that you're moving in with us at our camp.  You guys have only a few minutes to get your things packed and ready.  We chose three luxury items of yours to take with us, so, hurry up!

{Tai:  So the items that they decided to take with them were the parachute, the crate full of goodies, some leftover canned food, and we can't forget the fishing gear!}

Ash:  Our new name is the Podimon tribe.  A joining of our two tribe names.

Tai:  We thought it up while we were stuffing our faces with hot dogs and cheeseburgers.  Then we washed it all down with some root beer!

Ash:  Sorry we were so late, we kinda slept in.  We were so hyper last night.  We found four bottles of soda!  Can you believe it?  All that food!

{Brock:  It's all fine and good that they ate a gourmet dinner, I mean, they were treated as their title or rank, but they don't have to rub it in our faces!}

While everyone is packing, Ash and Tai are going on about what they ate and how nice the set-up was.

{James:  It's quite reasonable that we go over to their camp.  It was nicely built in the first place, but I bet a sitting area will really improve it!}

{Misty:  Once we leave, I'm gonna miss this place.  It's a place where we finally got a chance to get along.  But then again, we can start fresh, have a new beginning.  So it's a half and half situation.}

Everyone is loading their things onto a raft, and then they paddle off to the other shore to start over with their new tribe members.


As they arrive to the Digimon tribe's beach, the rest of the group (Sora, Izzy, Joe, Matt) help them unload their baggage.

{Izzy:  So we have our new room mates.  This is quite helpful in the voting strategy, it'll hinder them since they're on our turf.  I'm quite satisfied with the provisions they managed to carry with them.}

They all happily greet each other and take a tour of their new camp/living area.  Some of them are bringing up the parachute tent and others are helping them set up inside of the snack bar/sleeping quarters.

{Ash:  So we've moved in.  I think some of them are a bit uncomfortable with all of this moving in.}

{Joe:  I'm really quite open minded about them moving in with us.  Sure, that means that we have to go around and gather more food to feed ourselves, and then there are more lazy people to worry about, but I'm not complaining!  Nope, not at all.}

{Misty:  We're all being civil with each other, and that's good.  And their shelter, it's true when they say that there's more than enough room for everybody!  If it were our camp, we'd all be scrambling to make renovations.}

{Sora:  It's a little tough listening to Jesse, she's a head on kind of person.  Voicing her opinions, although some of them are a bit harsh.  But she's very smart.  Not as much as Izzy though.}

{Brock:  Matt's quite a character.  They were right when they said he was a bit of a loner.  But so far, whenever we've come across him, he's been really nice.}

Across the island, back on the Pokemon tribe's camp, the shelter collapses.

Joe:  Did any of you hear something?

Jesse:  Nope.  I didn't hear anything.

{Jesse:  So I guess the boys leave the girls to do the work.  We're stuck cooking lunch while they sit around under the parachute and talk.  Matt does play a mean harmonica.}

Matt plays a jazzed up blues while the boys are listening intently.

{James:  Guys and girls are socializing.  We're just doing it differently.  We're sitting around talking, you know, male bonding.  And the girls are multi-tasking.}

Misty brings in a large Magikarp for lunch.

Misty:  Mmm...  We have a beautiful carp fillet.  That is, if Brock or Joe will be happy to cook it.


Everyone is gathered around Agumon's fire, sharing stories.

Tai:  ...so then I get sucked into this vortex!  And I find myself back home!  Try to beat that story.

Ash:  Alright, there was this one time we were at the Pokemon League and we were carrying the flame of Moltres...

{Matt:  It's a plethora of stories and food!  Our adventures as we meet new monsters and us eating these new monsters!  I feel like I can open up around these people, so I don't think I have to be the lone wolf anymore.}

Soon, their conversation is ended abruptly as a crash of thunder tells them that rain is coming.  They all run into the sleeping quarters and get ready for bed.

 

*    *    *

 

Day 21

Everyone wakes up comfortably and come out from the patched up snack bar.

{Ash:  What a night.  That shelter of theirs is completely water-proof!  Unlike our old hut.}

{Joe:  I don't know about you, but it was not the least bit crowded in there!  It was pretty comfortable.}

{Brock:  To tell you the truth, I think we were just a little bit crowded, because all the girls rolled over my way!  And just when I was dreaming about Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny... *blushes* It was as close as I could get to the real thing.  But I'm not complaining!}

The new tribe is sitting in under the tent and eating hearty breakfast.

Sora:  Brock, it's really nice and all that we're now friends, but last night, it's not really necessary to keep hugging me.

Jesse:  Just keep your hands off me, twerp.

Misty:  Yeah, and you didn't have to mumble, "Oh boy, we're stranded on an island together.  Let's go native."  We love you Brock, but just not that way.

Brock blushes uncontrollably as the other guys laugh at him and playfully punch him in the arms and back.


Jesse and Joe are walking to the tree mail box, but find an empty air tank.  Joe picks it up and hands it to Jesse.  When they return to camp, they read the label to everyone.

Jesse:  "It's every man for them self, so don't hold your breath.  Actually, hold it as you wait beneath the depths."

Joe:  "One will be safe from the voting right.  But they still have to vote with everyone else tonight."

Misty:  From what we can assume, another water challenge.

James:  And of course it would involve holding our breath.

Brock:  Let's get our swimsuits.  I think they're still out to dry on the clothes line.


The Podimon tribe and Star Otaku are sitting at a dock in the middle of the lake where the cable car, and Seadramon, was found.

Star Otaku:  I have no doubt that you can survive the island.  You did make it for three weeks.  But you made it two days as a tribe.  I'm quite impressed!  Instead of an idol, we'll be competing for the immunity talisman. *holds up a beaded bracelet* Just wear it around your wrist as soon as you win it.  I'm sure you know what today's challenge is about.

Everyone nods their heads yes.

Star Otaku:  Okay.  The first round is elimination.  All of you will be holding your breath underwater.  There's a bar down there to keep you down until you're ready to surface.  Last three people to surface get to go onto the next round.  Get in the water.

Everyone hops off the dock and stand in the water.  Star Otaku takes Mega Mew (a reader, not an author) out of her lunch bag, then hands a stop watch (also from the lunch bag) to the reader.

Tai:  *puts on his goggles* I knew these were good for something!

On Star Otaku's signal, they submerge themselves and hold onto the bar.  The clock is ticking as Mega Mew keeps track of the time.

Joe is the first to surface, then he's followed by Izzy.  A few more seconds later, Sora and Tai surface.

Underwater, Matt is coolly waiting for the others to surface.  Ash and Misty can't hold their breath anymore, and so they surface.

A few more seconds pass.  Jesse comes up.  Then another few seconds pass.

Ash:  Are they dead yet?

Underwater, Matt, James, and Brock link arms and then surface at the same time.

Everyone cheers.  Mega Mew then disappears as it climbs back into the lunch bag.

Star Otaku:  You three are going to go into the final round!  As you can see over there, *points* are three buoys.  You each start there.  Underneath are three ladders, and tied along every few rails are little floaters.  Just give them a good tug and they'll float to the surface.  The person who stays submerged, releases all of the floaters, and are at the end of the ladders first wins the talismon- I mean talisman.  Hint: use the ladders for momentum.  Let's get you guys started and let the others sit up here and enjoy the show!

Star Otaku snaps her fingers and Matt, James, and Brock find themselves at each starting buoy.  The rest of the group climbs onto the dock and sit down to watch.

Star Otaku:  *yelling* GO!!!

All three boys go underwater and start to swim.  After a few moments, James surfaces and floats, waiting for the other boys to finish the race.

Underwater, Brock and Matt are each pulling themselves along the ladder and with their outstretched arms, they give a quick tug on the floater.  Each floater freely surfaces, and the boys move on quickly to the next one.  It's a close race between the two.

Matt propels himself ahead of Brock for the final floater and then to the finish line.  Matt surfaces followed by Brock.

Everyone cheers as Star Otaku snaps her fingers and the three boys appear beside their team mates.

Star Otaku:  That was one close race!

Brock:  Matt was always one wrung ahead of me, no matter how hard I tried!

Matt:  You don't play the harmonica without developing a large lung capacity.

Star Otaku:  Matt, here is the immunity bracelet.  Try it on.

Tai:  Feel like Mimi on a shopping spree?

As Matt places the bracelet on, he looks down at his wrist and pretends he's a girl admiring her jewelry.  Everyone laughs at his antic.


{James:  Well, I've found a new team.  And it's just like Team Rocket.  We're all comfortable with each other and it we've somewhat learned how to work together.  I would say cooperate, but we've agreed that after this, it's back to stealing the Pikachu.  But the likeness is that although we're cooperative, we're not unbeatable.  It's now five to five.}

{Misty:  We can say that we don't want to vote off a certain person or people, but when it comes to writing down the name, it's going to be hard to choose who.  A voting alliance is an easier way to vote off someone.  Just go with the flow, you can share the guilt.}

{Matt:  I'm not much for island politics, but these alliances are just... ridiculous!  "Let's vote off this person and then that person because they seem more important, or they're making the team weaker."  What do we have to plot against?  It's a game, but you don't have turn it into a game within a game!}

{Sora:  Although we are a combined tribe, I'm side is still voting on merit, on people proving their worth.  So people on our side and on the other aren't safe from at least one vote from me.  But to tell you the truth, there's also the fact that I can't bring myself to vote one of my fellow Digidestined off.}


It's night time on File Island, and a tropical storm is brewing as the Podimon tribe is making their trek through the vast environments of the island.  After crossing the bridge over the hot springs, they all reach the base of Infinity Mountain, to see the crude wooden sitting area around a bonfire.

Everyone passes by the gong and bangs it, and then pass by Star Otaku while they take their seats.  A light rain begins to fall on them.

All of them sit down.  In front of each of them is their glowing digivice (on the tiny glowing screen is their crest) and pokeball (inside is a little figurine of their trademark pokemon).  This is their seating plan (left to right) according to their respective crest/pokemon:
Joe- Reliability
Izzy- Knowledge
Matt- Friendship
Sora- Love
Tai- Courage
Ash- Pikachu
Misty- Starmie
Brock- Onix
Jesse- Arbok
James- Weezing

Star Otaku:  Before we start the voting, tell me, how are you all getting along?  First you're against each other, now you're working together.  James?

James:  So far, it has been a peaceful two days.  It's too soon to make a definite opinion, but we're getting along just fine.

Star Otaku:  Izzy, is this merge throwing off the voting strategies?

Izzy:  I would think so.  From what I've thought out, the probabilities are that the votes have gone against the weakest on one tribe are now targeted at those that are strongest on the other.

Star Otaku:  How has socializing and interaction with the other team helped in your votes?  Based on a matter of "They may be on the other team, I still like hanging out with them."

Ash:  As the ambassador, one of them, I think that it's still very important.  Many people, on both sides, are worried that they have a vote against them, whether from the other team or their own.  They think it'll turn into one big free-for-all.

Star Otaku:  The rain's starting to pick up, let's start with the votes.  Shall we start with Matt?  You won the immunity, you get the honours.  Remember, you can not vote for him, but he can still, and will, vote for one of you.

Matt gets up and goes into the cave. He's writing a name on paper under the torch that hangs over the little table.

Matt:  *write the name and holds it up* Ash.  He's too much like Tai.  We can't have another person bossing us around. *puts paper in box and leaves*

Joe:  *write the name and holds it up* Brock.  He's great to hang around with, careful and responsible, and I respect that.  But I don't want to keep up the game if he's part of the alliance.  But that's what I heard. *puts paper in box and leaves*

Izzy:  *write the name and holds it up* Jesse.  It would be a tactical error if we still kept her, she's pretty much the bigger cause of scheming in the alliance. *puts paper in box and leaves*

Sora:  *write the name and holds it up* James.  I haven't really seen him do anything yet, so that's why he makes the list. *puts paper in box and leaves*

Tai:  *writes the name and holds it up* Jesse.  She's quite sneaky, and I heard about her involvement with the alliance. *puts paper in box and leaves*

Ash:  *writes the name and holds it up* Joe.  It's nothing personal, just the alliance. *puts paper in box and leaves*

Misty:  *write the name and holds it up* Joe.  What the alliance says, goes. *puts paper in box and leaves*

Brock:  *write the name and holds it up* Joe.  He's not the only one who can cook and clean.  I have nothing against him, I need to keep my status. *puts paper in box and leaves*

Jesse:  *writes the name and holds it up* Joe.  He's like Brock and James combined.  Long blue hair and a cowardly attitude combined with medical expertise and domestic know-how. *puts paper in box and leaves*

James:  *write the name and holds it up*  Joe.  He's such a wuss! *puts paper in box and leaves*

James comes out of the cave, holding the voting box.  He hands it to Star Otaku.

Star Otaku:  The excitement is building, so let's count the votes. *reaches in box* *pulls out paper* James.

James looks around nervously.

Star Otaku:  *pulls out paper* Ash.

Ash starts to squirm in his seat.

The process continues as each of the votes are read, and everyone else starts to act nervously or suspiciously toward their fellow tribe members.  The tally is: Ash-1 vote; Brock-1 vote; James-1 vote; Jesse-2 votes; Joe-5 votes.

Joe:  I can't believe it, that's me.  I just can't believe it.

Star Otaku:  I'm sorry Joe, but those are the votes.  Please bring up your digivice.

Joe complies with the instructions.  He grabs his glowing digivice and hands it to Star Otaku.  She holds it out in her hand.

Star Otaku:  The tribe has spoken.

Star Otaku presses a button on the digivice.  It stops glowing and the screen goes dark.

Joe:  *gives hugs to the Digidestined* Good luck.

As soon as Joe leaves, loud crash of thunder is heard and the tropical storm releases a down pour onto the tribe.

Star Otaku:  As you all can see, the stakes have just been raised.


Joe's Final Words:

The voting was really brutal, and I'd like to know why I was chosen.  It would really make my day if I found out that they voted me off because I was at least intimidating them.  Not physically, I mean, but because of my position in the tribe.

I cook, I clean, I have the first aid skills, and I'm pretty good at keeping the place organized.  I guess Brock couldn't handle the competition.

But really, I had fun with the other team.  There really wasn't anything in them to conflict with, we all complimented each other.

As much as I had fun here, I guess it was time for me to go.  I'm going to miss being with you guys, but I'm also kinda glad that I can finally get away from the snakes, rats, pollen, bugs, sunburn, and many other things that I'm sure I'm allergic to.  But at I'll always cherish the memories.

End of Episode 7

Additional Author's Notes: Sorry to all the Joe fans out there.  I'd like to give a big THANK YOU!!! to all the authors, and the occasional reader, who volunteered to make a cameo.