Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon or Digimon or their characters, they respectfully belong to the money-grubbing corporations that created them.  I also don't own Survivor or its concept, it belongs to CBS.

Author's Notes: I hope that some people aren't too pissed that I completely got rid of Jesse and James, please don't hurt me! *holds up lunch bag for defense* Now, I will no longer accept any cameo appearances, whether for the show or party.

Anime Survivor!   Episode 11

Day 31

The Podimon tribe emerges from the snack bar shelter and see that everything around the camp is soaking wet.  The all slowly start to get to work on their early morning chores.

{Misty:  We're all so tired.  How many days until it's over?  Oh yeah, seven or eight more days.  So now we're tired, hungry, and paranoid.  I mean, after last night, how can we keep things a secret anymore?}

Everyone is sitting around the fire looking at each other warily.  They're staring and watching the other team with shifty eyes as they slowly chew on their rice.  A long awkward silence follows.

Sora:  So... Ash, you're looking better.

Ash:  What do you mean?!

Misty:  She means that you were so scrawny and then you actually put on some pounds.

Ash:  Heh.  I guess it must be the food.

{Ash:  Rice.  Again.  Not like my mom's home cooking.  Gosh, I miss her.  And Pikachu too!  I can't wait to see her and to taste some of her cooking again... I don't know if I can still go on, but I have to!  It's like making it into the Pokemon League!  It's a hard journey, but you have to press on.}


Daddy_gohan, dressed up as a cheezy game show host, goes up to the Podimon tribe.  He takes out a quiz card in his hand.

Daddy_gohan:  "The use of your wits for trivia will lead to game show mania!  A flip of the wrist, no need to shout.  Do you know what I'm talking about?"

Izzy:  *raises hand* If I may answer in the form of a question, what is today's reward challenge?

Daddy_gohan:  Ding ding ding!  We have a winner!  This afternoon, meet out on the old Pokemon tribe's beach.  That's where your challenge is waiting.  Now if you don't mind I have to go, this suit is killing me in this heat!

As Daddy_gohan leaves, the Podimon tribe snickers.

Tai:  Looks like someone should come more prepared.

{Izzy:  How convenient!  Trivia!  A chance where the smart will survive!  I've had it with all those physical endurance challenges.  We've walked, and ran, for months on end in the Digiworld!  I think I deserve a chance to rest.}

Ash:  Please, please, please don't let there be any pokemon trivia!

Brock:  Don't worry Ash!  I'm sure that you would have learned something after the Pokemon League exams.  You did learn from your mistakes, right?

Ash:  Um... *pause* Waaah!  I'm doomed!  This is bigger than the Pokemon League or the Orange League, and I'm gonna waste it!

{Ash:  This is for the title of best monster anime character!  I will not blow a chance like this, like I did at the Pokemon League tournament.  I could have won the title of a Pokemon Master!  If I can't have that title, then I'll have to go for something that's even better.}


Set up on the old Pokemon tribe's beach are six blocks.  In front of the blocks are six trails of coloured squares, each trail has eight squares (2 blue, 2 yellow, 2 orange, 2 green), which lead to a large mat in front of a podium.  Printed on each of the blocks are the choices: A, B, C, D, true, false.

The Podimon tribe walks along the beach to the challenge that is set up for them.  Star Otaku stands behind the podium.

Star Otaku:  Hey Podimon!  It's a battle of wits today for a special prize.  Would any of you like to know what it is?

Everyone:  *yelling* YES!!!

Star Otaku:  Okay!  Not so loud!  If you really want to know, I'll give you all clues.  For the Digidestined, remember the adventure you went through just to find the Crest of Sincerity.  And for the Poke-people, remember the time Ash traded Butterfree for a Ratticate.

The Digidestined stop and think about it.  After a few moments, their eyes widen in anticipation.  Ash, Misty, and Brock knit their brows in thought, and then have a look of horror and excitement on their faces.

Star Otaku:  Can any of you guess?

They look out into the sea to see the two cruise ships anchored and waiting in the water.

Ash, Misty, and Brock:  The St. Anne!

Tai, Sora, and Izzy:  The desert cruise ship!

Star Otaku:  Don't worry, the ship won't sink, and you won't be chased by killer digimon.  Just a night of luxury.  And to win it, we're going to put your knowledge to the test.  Just stand right on those blue mats at the end there and pick up those blocks.  Turn them around to show your choice.  Move on if you get a question right, but if you are out of the colour zone while everyone is ahead, you are out.  First one at the front wins.

The tribe members take their places and hold the blocks in front of them.

Star Otaku:  First question.  The first digimon to digivolve into Champion level was: A) Agumon B) Garudamon C) Weezing D) none of the above.

Ash- D
Misty- B
Brock- A
Izzy- A
Sora- A
Tai- A

Star Otaku:  All of you who said A please take one step forward.  Okay, next question.

[Moving on!  I don't want to bore you with the details, so let's go forward the near end.]

Ash, Izzy, and Tai are standing around on the last green square.

Star Otaku:  Okay, our last question.  Which of the following people are not from either of your shows: A) Iori B) Nurse Joy C) Holly D) Daisuke

Ash- C
Izzy- C
Tai- A

Star Otaku:  It's a tie between Izzy and Ash.  Let's use the old rock, paper, scissors game!  Ready?  One, two, three!

Ash- Rock
Izzy- Scissors

Star Otaku:  Rock crushes scissors.  Ash, by some dumb luck, you won the challenge!  And you get to spend a night on the St. Anne, and someone will spend the night with you!  Take your pick.

Ash:  Oh, she knows who she is!  Misty!

Misty jumps up and down and she hugs Ash.  Both of them then blush while everyone laughs.

 

*    *    *

 

Day 32

It's a warm sunny day, and Ash and Misty are reclining on the beach.

Ash:  Wasn't it amazing that I won that challenge?

Misty:  How you were able to win it just boggles the mind.

Ash:  Hey, don't talk back to me!  Unless you want me to give away that night on the St. Anne.

Misty:  I've had enough bad experiences on that ship to last a lifetime.

Ash:  No Team Rocket, no storm, no sinking!  Think about it!  Warm food, warm bed, warm shower!

Misty:  Okay, you convinced me!

{Misty:  A night together on the St. Anne!  I think this is my chance to finally tell him how I feel about him.  I know I've been mean to him, but I'm sure he knows I don't mean anything by it.  After I eat and shower, I'll be ready to pull through this whole contest to the end!}


The sky becomes dark and cloudy, and another rainstorm is pouring on the Podimon tribe just as they're about to have lunch.  Everyone, including Agumon, take their food with them and run into the shelter.

When they're inside, Agumon starts another fire to keep everyone warm.

Tai:  Agumon!  Try to lighten up on the firepower.  You don't want to burn down the place, like last time, do you?

Agumon:  That was Metalseadramon, not me!

Tai:  Sorry, it just brings back a lot of awful memories.

{Sora:  Our only shelter is the old snack bar, and it's the most water proof thing we have on this island.  With everyone here, it's nice and cozy.  Well, a bit more roomy since there are less people on the island.}

Ash:  I remember that rain storm when we found Charmander, and then that storm at sea when we arrived at Mewtwo's castle.  But this is worse than both of them combined!

Brock:  There's a really bad haze outside.  Almost like a fog.  Remember Bill's light house?

Sora:  I hope it isn't as worse as Myostismon's fog.

{Brock:  Bad weather like this is bringing back some bad memories for everyone.  I mean, it rained really hard on day thirty, then the night after that, and then today!  We're on the edge.}


The storm clears up, and the sun parts through the clouds.  Everyone steps out of the shelter and looks around at their currently soaked surroundings.  They look out into the horizon and see the St. Anne approaching them while crossing underneath a rainbow.

Ash:  Wow.  That's one way to make an entrance.

The St. Anne is then anchored, and small motorboat makes its way to the Podimon tribe's beach.  On the little motorboat is Star Otaku, and UsagiHunter, who is steering the little motorboat.

Star Otaku:  Ahoy there!  I wish I could take everyone, seeing as how there is more than enough room, but I can't.  I'd like the lucky couple to come aboard.

Misty and Ash:  *yelling* We're not a couple!

Both of them join Star Otaku and UsagiHunter on the motorboat, and wave good-bye to everyone who's back on the beach.  Everyone waves back and yell their good-byes.

Tai:  Good-bye lovebirds!

Brock:  Have fun on your honeymoon!

Misty:  You will all expect a beating from me once I get back on shore!


Ash and Misty run up an down the halls of the first class section of the St. Anne.

Misty:  I remember all of the rooms from my model!

Ash:  Do you think we have time to look through all of them?

Misty:  I doubt it.  From my model, I calculated that it would take two weeks to fully explore the whole ship!

Ash:  But we only have a night and a day!

Misty:  And that's plenty of time to explore the first class area!

Ash:  Let's go!


Izzy, Tai, Sora, and Brock are sitting around the fire, eating their plain dinner.

Brock:  I wonder how those two are doing.

Sora:  They're probably getting cleaned up.

Izzy:  Having a banquet.

Tai:  Maybe watching TV.


Misty is in her room having a bubble bath, while Ash is in his room having a shower.

Both of them are then finished and dressed up and meet each other in the grand convention hall.  In front of them is a large feast set out for them and a big screen TV.

Ash:  What's on? *turns on TV*

TV:  "M-m-m-monsters... I was transported to a faraway land..."

Ash and Misty:  AAAAAAHHH!!!  Turn it off!  Turn it off!

blub blub runs up to grab the remote and changes the TV channel.


Tai:  Who needs a big fancy cruise ship?  We can make up our own night in the lap of luxury.

Sora:  What do you mean?

Izzy:  We improvise.

Brock:  Compliments of the chef, smoked Magikarp along with some fried rice.

Tai stands up and offers his hand to Sora.

Tai:  Shall we dance in the main dining hall?

Sora:  Of course!

Sora accepts Tai's hand and the two start to dance by the fire's light.

Izzy:  What wonderful entertainment aboard this fine establishment!

Brock:  A toast!  Here here!


Star Otaku:  Ash, Misty, before you two go to bed, the captain and the crew want to meet you two.  If you'll come to the bridge with me.

Star Otaku lead Ash and Misty down the ship and to the bridge where the captain and crew are waiting.  She opens the door to reveal Mrs. Ketchum, Daisy, Violet, and Lilly.

Ash:  Mom!  I missed you!

Mrs. Ketchum:  Hi honey!  I mailed you a care package with some nice clean underwear, but it seems that you didn't get it.

Ash:  *blushes profusely* Mom!  Please don't embarrass me!

Mrs. Ketchum:  I'm sorry.  I wouldn't want to embarrass you in front of your girlfriend!

Ash:  Augh!  Mom!

Ash and Misty blush while Mrs. Ketchum and the Waterflower sisters laugh at them.

Mrs. Ketchum:  Guess who's here too?

Ash:  Who?

Pikachu jumps out from behind Mrs. Ketchum and perches on Ash's head.  Ash picks the pokemon off his head and hugs it.

Misty:  Daisy, Violet, Lilly!  What are you guys doing here?

Lilly:  We were, like, asked to come on board the ship in case you were the winner!

Daisy:  But from what we've, like, heard, it was your boyfriend who won instead.

Violet:  And he, like, invited you for a romantic night together!

Misty:  He's not my boyfriend!  He's just a friend!

Lilly:  Yeah, whatever.  We have another little friend with us.

Violet:  Yeah!  Someone who really wants to see you!

Misty:  You don't mean...

Daisy, Lilly, and Violet:  Horsea!

They take out a fish bowl with Horsea in it.  Horsea happily swims around in its bowl when it sees Misty.  It then jumps out and lands in Misty's arms.

Mrs. Ketchum:  Honey, why don't we go out to the convention room and finish the rest of that food.  I cooked it myself.

Ash:  I knew that food tasted familiar!

The two families walk back into the grand convention hall and finish up the rest of the leftovers.


Tai and Sora are done dancing to their imaginary music and bow for Izzy and Brock.

Tai:  Now for our next number, I'd like to sing a classic by Etemon.

Sora and Izzy:  Tai!  No!

Tai:  Just kidding!  How did that tune go? *off-key* I wanna sing you a song!  A song that will wake you u~u~up!

Izzy, Sora, and Brock cover their ears and close their eyes to try and block out that horrible sound.


Ash and Misty are sitting with their families and are relaxing with full stomachs.

Mrs. Ketchum:  Girls, you didn't seem to eat a lot of my food.  Didn't you like it?

Lilly:  Sorry Mrs. Ketchum.

Violet:  We're, like, on a diet.

Daisy:  It's for our, like, swimming performances.

Ash:  Oh mom, how's everyone back home?

Mrs. Ketchum:  Mr. Mime and I are still running the house together, and Professor Oak is happily waiting for you and Gary's arrival.  Now, enough talking.  It's way past your bed time!  Everyone, off to bed!  March!

Everyone:  Yes Mrs. Ketchum!

Everyone gets up from their seats and walk towards their rooms.


Everyone is sitting down by the fire, looking up at the stars with tired and heavy-lidded eyes.

Izzy:  I think it's time to rest.

Tai:  No duh.

Sora:  *yawns*

Brock:  I think it's time we made our way to the grand bedroom suite.

They get up and trudge back to the shelter to get a good night's sleep.

 

*    *    *

 

Day 33

The remaining members of the Podimon tribe wake up and emerge from the shelter to see the St. Anne is still anchored out in the sea.

Sora:  Think they're sleeping in?

Tai:  Of course!

Brock:  Now let's get breakfast going.

Izzy:  Hey!  Something's coming our way!

They run to meet the oncoming motorboat.  They see Ash, Misty, Star Otaku, UsagiHunter, and a few more guests.  As the boat anchors onto the shore everyone, except Star Otaku and UsagiHunter, gets out.  The rest of the tribe meet the new guests.

Izzy:  Nice to meet you all.

Tai:  You must be Mrs. Ketchum!

Sora:  We saw your video, you must take really good care of Ash.

Mrs. Ketchum:  You're all too kind!

Brock:  Good to see you again, Mrs. Ketchum! *babbles* Hello there.  I'm Brock, you three sure look really pretty.

Daisy, Lilly, and Violet:  *giggle*

Daisy:  Since you guys were, like, so unfortunate to be living in this dump, we thought that we'd, like, bring over some breakfast!

Lilly:  We thought it would make you all feel better.

Misty:  You guys, think!  Hah!

Violet:  I don't know how you guys could stand to live with my sister.

Lilly:  I'm surprised that you haven't gotten rid of her yet!

Misty:  *growls*

Mrs. Ketchum:  Let's all settle down, and let's eat breakfast!  I worked so hard to make such a big meal for all of you!

Everyone:  Thank you Mrs. Ketchum!

They help carry the bags that their new guests brought with them and they all sit down underneath the parachute tent to eat breakfast.


Everyone is sitting under the parachute tent and are relaxing with full stomachs.

Izzy:  Superb cuisine madam!

Mrs. Ketchum:  Thank you Izzy!

Daisy, Lilly, and Violet:  *swatting themselves* Eew!  Bugs!

Mrs. Ketchum:  Now, if you don't mind, a few people from home made some special care packages for you.

Mrs. Ketchum rummages around in one of the bags she brought and takes out the care packages and hands them to each person they belong to.

Ash:  Mom!  New underwear?!

Misty:  A new bathing suit!

Brock:  Hey!  A spool of thread and some dry noodles!  Let me guess, Susie and Timmy helped out.

Sora:  Some flowers, soap, a toothbrush and toothpaste, and Pocky!

Tai:  Oh mom!  Chips and candy!

Izzy:  The latest issue of "Wired", "PC World", and "Popular Mechanics"!

Mrs. Ketchum:  *hugs Ash* Us girls have to go back now.  It was nice meeting you all! *waves*

Daisy:  Hey Misty, even if you don't win...

Lilly:  We'll, like, totally understand.

Violet:  See you later sis!

The four guests get back in the motorboat and go back to the St. Anne.  The ship then slowly cruises away from the island.


The Podimon tribe makes their way to the western beach of the island to see their challenge.  It is a bunch of thin wooden beams over the water.

Star Otaku:  Welcome to today's challenge.  Let's cut to the chase, I don't want to waste your time.  And time is what we need.  All of you will stand on that balancing beam.  You have to stay on those beams, which we will whittle down, for as long as you can, but you can't touch each other.  So get ready.

The Podimon members swim to the beams and take their places.  Star Otaku and Starmorpher are sitting on the beach, with Starmorpher timing the competition and taking away each board.

[Let's skip on to the end, shall we?]

Sora and Misty are staring each other down while they're trying to keep their balance on one thin beam.

Misty's legs suddenly give way underneath her and she falls off the beam.

Sora then dives off the beam and both swim to shore.  Sora receives the immunity bracelet and they all help her celebrate on the beach.


Izzy, Sora, and Tai are sitting on a log, looking up at Infinity Mountain.  They can't see the top because of the clouds covering the peak.  The three of the Digidestined stop looking up at the top of the mountain and start to talk.

Izzy:  If it comes down to a tie at the voting council, one of us is asked to make a noble sacrifice.  I volunteer.

Sora:  Izzy, you're the smartest.  You should be the one to stick it out to the end.  If anyone should go, it should be me.

Tai:  Sora, you won immunity, so don't try to make any of us feel any better.  Listen, I'll lead us for as long as I can, and I'll step down when I have to.

Izzy:  Me too!

Sora:  *sniffling* You guys! *hugs Tai and Izzy* We're going to stay together, till the end!

{Izzy:  I keep offering to go for them, that they vote for me if the rest of them are going to.  But both of them won't have it.  Especially Sora.  She's too nice, and we want to protect her from those who are going to get rid of her for that.  We, as in Tai and I, want her to win if all else fails.}

{Tai:  Sora, she has what it takes.  When we split up in the Digiworld, Sora was all alone, and we found her last.  She was even watching and guiding us from afar.  I believe that she will win it!  So tonight, Izzy said I should vote for him and not let Sora know about it.  What a guy!}


Brock, Ash, and Misty are talking with each other over the fire.

Brock:  I hate to say it, but we'll go for Izzy.

Misty:  He's too smart.  We know it was him who organized their alliance.

Ash:  Okay, we get the advantage over them!

Brock:  And the next night, to make things even, you vote for me along with the Digidestined.

Misty:  Brock, no!  You can't do that!

Ash:  Yeah Brock!  We need you to cook for us!

Misty angrily whacks Ash with a giant mallet.

Misty:  You dummy!  We also need to keep him here because he's our friend!

Brock:  Look, we talked about this before.  I'll go, and that's that.  We're going to do this fairly.  For us and the other team.

{Misty:  We're not going to play each other like Jesse did.  We're the good guys, and we don't play that way.  Well, we kind of played that way at the beginning, but it was against Team Rocket and the Digidestined!  Playing against each other, that's a different story.}


It's night time on File Island, and the Podimon tribe is making their trek through the vast environments of the island.  After crossing the bridge over the hot springs, they all reach the base of Infinity Mountain, to see the crude wooden sitting area around a bonfire.  And there is also a large bench on the other side of the bonfire, opposite to the sitting area.

Everyone passes by the gong and bangs it, and then pass by Star Otaku while they take their seats.

All of them sit down.  In front of each of them is their glowing digivice (on the tiny glowing screen is their crest) and pokeball (inside is a little figurine of their trademark pokemon).  This is their seating plan (left to right) according to their respective crest/pokemon:
Izzy- Knowledge
Sora- Love
Tai- Courage
Ash- Pikachu
Misty- Starmie
Brock- Onix

Star Otaku:  Before we start the voting, let's bring out the tribal jury.

Matt, Jesse, and James step out of the forest and into the light.  They either wave or nod at the group.  They take their seats on the bench behind Star Otaku.  Jesse and James hold hands.

Star Otaku:  Okay, blah-blah-blah time.  What do you think is going to happen tonight?

Tai:  Now, we're evenly matched with the Pokemon guys and I don't know what's going to happen next.  All I know is that it's gonna be head to head with the alliances.

Star Otaku:  So you admit that there are alliances?

Izzy:  Of course!  The results from the last tribal council would have taken a very great probability to happen.

Everyone starts to get guilty looks on their faces.

Star Otaku:  I think jury has heard enough for tonight.  Sora, you won immunity today.  You know what to do.

Sora gets up and goes into the cave. She's writing a name on paper under the torch that hangs over the little table.

Sora:  *write the name and holds it up* Ash.  As the numbers have gone down, I haven't seen him do any work. *puts paper in box and leaves*

Tai:  *write the name and holds it up* Izzy.  He asked for it, and to tell you the truth, I really admire him for that.  That took real courage buddy. *puts paper in box and leaves*

Izzy:  *write the name and holds it up* Ash.  I have to try and look inconspicuous, and voting for myself would give my intentions away. *puts paper in box and leaves*

Brock:  *write the name and holds it up* Izzy.  The smart survive in this game. *puts paper in box and leaves*

Ash:  *write the name and holds it up* Izzy.  I don't have anything against you, but you have to go. *puts paper in box and leaves*

Misty:  *write the name and holds it up* Izzy.  Don't worry, we'll even the score next time. *puts paper in box and leaves*

Misty comes out of the cave, holding the voting box.  She hands it to Star Otaku.

Star Otaku:  Whoever is voted off this week will return with the jury. *reaches in box* *pulls out paper* Izzy.

Izzy looks on casually.

Star Otaku:  *pulls out paper* Ash.

Ash just stares on with wide eyes.

The process continues as each of the votes are read, and the tally is: Izzy-4 votes; Ash-2 votes.

Star Otaku:  Izzy, please bring up your digivice.

Izzy complies with the instructions.  He grabs the glowing digivice and hands it to Star Otaku.  She holds it out in her hand.

Star Otaku:  The tribe has spoken.

Star Otaku presses a button on the digivice.  It stops glowing and the screen goes dark.

Izzy:  I hope that this plays out evenly.  Expect to see me in the jury. *leaves*


Izzy's Final Words:

I'm quite proud that I was able to make it this far into the game.  I relied on my wits and I didn't use my computer throughout the whole ordeal!  Quite an impressive feat, if I say so myself.

We had reached a stalemate with the other team, and I made the sacrifice for my friends.  Now I will be able to serve a more important role in the tribal jury.

I did what I had to do because I didn't feel like I had to prove something.  That's Tai's job.  Kidding!

I hold no grudge against the Pokemon tribe, touché to you, I commend you.  If we had met under different circumstances, I'm sure we would have made great friends and allies.

Now, I can't wait to go to wherever it is I have to go and get back to my computer and our friends.  To sum it up, all I have to say about this experience is: Prodigious!

End of Episode 11

Additional Author's Notes: You're wondering why Ash would win the reward challenge.  Well, he reminds me of Sean, always wearing that cap, and sticking him on a boat with Misty is plenty enough of an excuse for AAML! ^_^ Seriously though, I didn't want to anger all those Izzy fans, but realistically, they would have caught on to him sooner, and since they got Team Rocket out of the way, it was time to move on.  But hey!  They're being nice to the Digidestined, they're giving them chance to even things out!  So I hope I didn't lose any readers because of this.